Steven McClelland is an attorney and owner of McClelland Law Firm, P.A, an estate planning, probate, and elder law firm in Arkansas. Born in Topeka, Kansas, Mr. McClelland moved to Arkansas to attend the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Bowen School of Law. Prior to opening his own firm, he clerked for the law firms of Niblock and Associates of Searcy, Arkansas and the Akins Law Firm, P.A., of Sherwood, Arkansas.
Mr. McClelland was recently appointed the 2018-2019 Chair of the Elder Law Section of the Arkansas Bar Assocation, a group of over one hundred elder law attorneys throughout the state of Arkansas. He is often asked to speak on elder law topics at local universities, civic groups, and CLE’s (continuing legal education) for local attorneys.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock (J.D., 2012)
- Freed-Hardeman University (B.B.A., Public Accounting, and B.A., Bible)
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Includes Wills
- Financial and Healthcare Powers of Attorney
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Medicaid Asset Protection Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Medicaid Proactive and Crisis Planning
- Elder Law
- Trust Administration
- Adult and Minor Guardianships
Organizations, Pro Bono, and Charities
Steven is a member of the Arkansas Bar Association and American Bar Association. He serves as attorney for the ARAPA (Arkansas Academy of Physician Assistants. He serves as an attorney for VOCALS (Volunteer Organization for Center for Arkansas Legal Services), which provides pro bono legal representation to qualifying individuals through the Center of Arkansas Legal Services.
Hobbies and Interests
Steven and his wife are the proud parents of three beautiful daughters. He spends his free time in tea parties, reading princess stories, and trips to the soccer fields. As a past high school debater, he enjoys judging local debate tournaments and work with the Arkansas Mock Trial Committee.
He is admitted to practice in the State Courts of Arkansas, State Courts of Tennessee, the Eastern and Western District Courts of Arkansas, and the Supreme Court of Arkansas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association, Member
- Elder Law Section, Chair
- Probate Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pulaski County Bar Association, Member
- White County Bar Association, Secretary
- Searcy Regional Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Central Arkansas Estate Council, Member
- High School Mock Trial Committee Member (2013-2017)
- Lions Club Member (2012-2016)
- Chairman of the Beebe Community Health Fair 2015
- Board member and legal counsel for various nonprofits